Old Ships turned into Museum

From: Steve Locks
To: ronie-mooney-encs.us
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 3:27 PM
Subject: Petition to save the MSOs

Hi Sharon,

I've signed your petition - that would be a very interesting museum in addition to the personal value for those with loved ones who served on such ships. I also continue to admire your dedication even more than your prolific technical ability!

Cheers!

Steve
======================================

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~slocks/

SHARON: Thanks! but it's not my idea. Retired Naval officers designed the petition and pushing for signatures. My Dad was a big supporter of their work, because he worked on the Minesweepers in the Navy. Dad had a lot of sentimental attachments to those wooden ships... and I have a lot of sentimental attachments to my Dad.

Here's a pic of one he worked on (it was scrapped for raw materials):


From: "Mike Warren"
To: ronie-mooney-encs.us
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Navy MineSweepers]

Hello,

Your Dad's old MSO and he contributed the picture.

http://www.navsource.org/archives/11/02461.htm

Mike Warren